Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Peds, Baby!

This week has marked the beginning of a new adventure. Four days a week for 3-4 hours a day, I am shadowing at a large children's hospital. I have been a volunteer at this same children's hospital for several years now, but shadowing is a whole different ball of wax.

The OT Department is huge. There are about two dozen OTs and COTAs working there, and they have a fully decked out rehab apartment complete with cedar siding and a mailbox outside the front door, two gyms, a rock climbing wall, cabinets and cabinets of toys, games, and fidgets, a pit filled with fluffy mats...it's like a toy store on steroids. They also have a Day Rehab section, a whole area devoted to splinting, a seemingly endless corridor of treatment and exam rooms, and probably several other areas I haven't even seen yet.

Unfortunately, I have to head out shortly for my third day of shadowing, but I'll try and fill you in on what I've seen so far ASAP (before it all falls out of my brain!).

No comments:

Post a Comment