Wednesday, August 3, 2011

It's Official!

The Great Eight is now the Great Seven. I finished my Abnormal Psych class last Friday and my grade posted this morning! I got an A in Abnormal Psych!! Woot woot! I enjoyed the class a lot and was glad to take it with a nice small group during the summer. So, as I promised, here is the newly revised Great Eight list:
  1. Medical Terminology. Thankfully, there are no prerequisites for this class. And it's offered on-line! ENROLLED FALL 2011 (on-line class).
  2. Abnormal Psychology. COMPLETED SUMMER 2011. GRADE: A!!
  3. Lifespan. This class is about human development from birth to death. ENROLLED FALL 2011.
  4. Social Science Statistics. This class is about understanding the math used in scientific research studies so you can tell if a study is bogus or believable. Could come in very handy. If I take this class at BCU, Intro to Psych is the only prerequisite.
Those are the four non-science courses. The other four courses are considered the "science core."
  1. Human Anatomy with Lab. At last, my chance to cut up dead people! And don't forget the opportunity to smell like formaldehyde. I must have a 200-level biology class with lab before I can take this class. I think I read somewhere that one should take anatomy before one takes physiology.
  2. Physiology with Lab. No cutting up dead people here. I'm not sure about the smelling like formaldehyde part. The 200-level bio class is also required as a prereq for this class.
  3. Pathology. This class is all about disease and things that can go wrong in body and mind. You can't take this class until you've taken physiology. (Which sorta makes sense, since you should have an understanding of how things function normally before you can really appreciate what constitutes abnormal/pathological function.)
  4. Neuroscience with Lab. This class should be called Zombie Class, because it's all about braaaaaiiiins. Specifically, it's about the structure and function of the central and peripheral nervous system, which of course includes the braaaaiiiin.
One down, seven to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment