Wednesday, June 1, 2011

She's a super geek...super geek (she's super geeky)

I am the biggest geek ever. (Just thought I'd warn you now.)

Since my class starts in less than a week (aaagghhh!), I went up to Local College today to get my Student ID, an item I have not possessed in more than a decade. Technology has made this chore much easier than it used to be, although the pictures still suck. They just suck a lot faster now.

Then I...went and found my Abnormal Psych classroom. I'm so embarrassed to admit I did that. I can't remember the last time I went somewhere in advance just so I was sure I knew where it was. But yes, this Super Geek did just that. It is a windowless room with no notable qualities whatsoever. I've seen coffins with more personality than this place. However, I did notice that just behind it, there is a closet-looking thing. I couldn't help but wonder if our class will be secretly observed or experimented on in some weird way. We are in the Psych building, after all.

To top off my geekery, I am printing out directions and gathering business cards for a half-day seminar I'm going to tomorrow. When I saw the title, I knew I had to go. It's called "Brain Injury 101." How awesome is that?! The only way you could make it any more welcoming is if you called it "Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Brain Injuries But Were Afraid To Ask." (Although that wouldn't fit on a poster very well.)

I expect I will be doing a lot of scribbling and post-seminar clarification since I had to look up half the initials after the presenter's name, but eeeeeeeeee! I am excited to go learn about brain injuries!

No comments:

Post a Comment