Sunday, June 12, 2011

Be Careful What You Wish For

A not-atypical day three months ago:
  • Walk dogs
  • Check e-mail, putter around on the Interwebs
  • Realize I'm hungry because it's lunchtime (oops)
  • Eat in, or call a friend to go out with, or walk downtown for lunch
  • Realize it's afternoon and I have done nothing constructive
  • Do something constructive for about two hours--work, or go for a run
  • Walk dogs
  • Ponder domestic chores and maybe do one, or cook dinner if necessary
  • Probably more puttering around on the Interwebs
A day I am probably going to have next week:
  • Walk dogs insanely early
  • Make sure there's nothing violently urgent in my e-mail
  • Drive through rush-hour traffic to a large city
  • Meet an OT and shadow her for 3-4 hours as she drives around to patients' homes
  • Drive home, stuff some food in my face
  • Get half an hour to study if I'm lucky
  • Abnormal Psych class
  • Participate in hour-long psych study for extra credit
  • Run home, walk dogs who are mad at me for being late
  • Throw dinner together
  • Go to Pilates class
  • Try and write some coherent notes on OT observation
  • Study until I slump over from exhaustion
Having places to be. Having goals and structured time. Having something to work toward...all very nice things that make me happy, but yowza, the days are just PACKED.

No comments:

Post a Comment