Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Another Day, Another Hundred Bucks

As I mentioned in my last post, I am now officially a student in an Abnormal Psych class starting next month. I also mentioned that I paid an obscene tuition bill, and that every minute in the classroom is costing me fifty-one cents. I can call, like, the Republic of Tonga for that amount of money. Sheesh!

But of course, let's not forget that tuition is not all you have to pay. Classes have textbooks. It is generally advisable to buy the textbook for the class you are taking, especially if you hope to get an A. So I trundled off to Amazon this afternoon to buy my book. I figure if I've already read some of it before the session starts, so much the better.

The book, she was not cheap. Although I bought one from an on-line seller that was 30% cheaper than Amazon's own price for the book, it still cost me $70. And when I added an accompanying workbook (the better to constantly review with, my dear!), the total tab including shipping was just over a hundred bucks.

I should put a little meter on the right that says "Amanda's total college expenses thus far," except I think the number would make me cry. Sometimes it's better not to know.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Just catching up on your plans! Am excited to follow your latest adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's certainly a departure from my current life, but that's precisely what's appealing about it! Thanks for checking in. Hopefully there will be more to blog about once things truly get rolling.

    ReplyDelete